Scenes From the Yarn Chest

The confessions of an addicted knitter.

(I do commissioned work. If you're interested, just ask)

Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Smell of Cedar in the Morning


About a week ago, my fiance brought me home an early Christmas present. It was on the same day I was supposed to take my new kitten/yarn lover, Atari, to the vet for her checkup. When I arrived home, my fiance said to me, "why don't you go grab Atari - I think she's in your room," by which he meant my small knitting room at the back of the apartment. I followed his advice, and as I turned the corner to walk into my room, I saw, sitting in front of me, a beautiful and giant cedar chest. "Merry Christmas!" he shouted from the den. I just stood there, awestruck, and though I had to run out that night, couldn't wait to start filling it with all of the yarn that was overtaking my room and the apartment, much like kuzco does in the South.

The next morning I set up the aromatic chest, and set to work at organizing my yarn. Blues in one corner, pinks in another, whites over here, a nice space to wedge the green...and when I was done, not only was my room much cleaner and less cluttered, I realized the chest had inspired me to knit even more as it was easy to find yarn and I didn't have dig through the bins and bags that I had had to before to find the necessary tools for my projects. Now, it was all at my fingertips. It is perhaps one of the best gifts I have ever received.

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Scoot said...

i can smell the wood

 

Post a Comment

<< Home