Scenes From the Yarn Chest

The confessions of an addicted knitter.

(I do commissioned work. If you're interested, just ask)

Thursday, June 01, 2006

My Pots

For the last 4 weeks, I've been taking a pottery class where I learned to throw on the wheel. I made ten items, and here are the first four that have come out of the kiln. They're certainly not perfect, but I enjoyed the process as it was a lot of fun once I got the hang of it - honestly I did want to quit a few times...but I'm glad I stuck it through.



My fiance's new mug

"S" says soy sauce. Yum!

This was my favorite bowl till I trimmed off the bottom. Oops. Maybe I'll put a mirror in the bottom and hang it on the wall.

A wacky little pot

3 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pots look great for you first attempts. Perhaps you will give your Mom a run for the money.
Love you,

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice first pots. Having seen lots of beginner pots, I'd say you get to go to the head of the class. Glad you stuck with it. L,

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Hollywood said...

Thanks for the nice comments!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home