Scenes From the Yarn Chest

The confessions of an addicted knitter.

(I do commissioned work. If you're interested, just ask)

Monday, October 30, 2006

Bootiful Yarn

Excuse the silly headine for this entry - it's nearly Halloween and I'm all excited! I went to a party this past weekend and dressed up as Mia Wallace, just before she ODs. It was pretty funny. The party was crazy. A bit too bright for a fright fest, but there were some strange performances and lots of fun costumes, including a venus flytrap, and a dinner table, so it made for a good time.

This morning I spent twenty minutes digging through my yarn chest to come up with the perfect colors for a friend's birthday present - a chocolate cupcake with pink frosting! She has a cupcake blog, so I think she's going to love it. Unfortunately, the darn thing is on double-pointed needles! Ugh! I hate those things. One of my books says working with dps is like wrestling with an octopus, and I completely agree. At least the cupcake goes quickly - I nearly finished the icing on the train. I expect the entire thing will be done by tonight...then onto the next project! My friend just had a little girl, so I'm going to knit him a baby blanket. But I've got to do it fast, because there's so many other projects I've got to finish.

Speaking of, I've been trying to finish some of the projects that have been hanging around for years. For example, two years ago I knitted up what was supposed to become a pillow then I put it to the side. This is mainly because I love knitting, but hate the finishing part. I'm just not a sewing queen. But last night, while watching the mediocre Poseidon, I sewed it together. Now I just have to find a pillow to stuff it with.

Last week I bought the prettiest yarn - Manos del Uruguay #118 (Mulled Wine) and I'm whipping up a scarf based on my best friend's pattern. I've made two scarves already from the pattern - one in green and white, and another in purple and white, but this one is mulled wine and black. I might give it to the other of my bfs for Christmas as the mulled wine matches her hair.



Based on the amount of pics on this blog, it doesn't look like I knit too often! To fix this problem I took some pics last night, and I'm taking more tonight, then I'm going to post them up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home